Spring is hopefully right around the corner. I wanted to take a moment and look at last month’s sales data and update you on what’s happening in the market. With this update I am comparing a few statistics among different municipalities: Ocean City, Longport, Margate, Brigantine, Linwood, Egg Harbor Township, and Galloway, NJ.
As you can see sales, inventory and price varies greatly among each or these communities. The turnover ratio shows the percentage of homes selling in each city. The higher the percentage the more homes are selling each month.
The most commonly asked question I get is: “How’s The Market.” Experience shows it all depends on where you live. If you’d like to know How the market is in your neighborhood I’d love to do some research for you and send you an email that will tell you what homes are for sale now, what homes have sold recently and how long homes are taking to sell in your neighborhood so you can feel secure in the knowledge that you have the most accurate information. This timely information will tell you right away how your market is right now! I imagine that information would be of value to you, would it not?
Please contact me if you’d like to know what’s happening in your market. 609-338-3773.
* Information based on MLS data as of 3/2/15
Over the years I’ve helped many clients sell their home when they already have a buyer lined up. Typically I see this when a family member wants to sell a home to another family member. You may not need the full services of a Realtor however you need help with paperwork and making sure things are done correctly and in a timely manner. Many of my clients also wish to not have the liability risk that many For Sale By Owners Face.
I recently helped Amie purchase a home from her family.
One of the services I provide is as a Transaction Broker. In NJ a transaction broker doesn’t represent either side and helps in the transaction. For a small flat fee I can help with paperwork and guide you through the home selling and buying process. I’ll also give you access to my services directory with reliable vendors to help you where needed.
Remember when you have a home to sell and have a buyer already call me and let me help guide you safely though the home selling process. Best wishes,
P.S. If you or someone you know is selling a home and may need my help. Please call me now at 609-338-3773.
Here is a great video with national market statistics and a tip for selling your home in the Spring.
Questions To Ask Ask A Real Estate Agent Before
You Interview Them To Sell Your Home
Selling your home is a big decision. Choosing the wrong agent can cost you months of lost time and thousands of dollars. Make the right choice by asking these important questions:
1. Are you a full time real estate agent? Do you have a team?
2. Do you and the agents in your office systematically lead generate three hours a day for buyers?
3. Has your company won the JD Power customer satisfaction award for home buyers the last three years in a row?
4. Do all leads including internet and call in leads go directly to you?
5. Do you schedule showing appointments yourself? Or is it handled by someone who has never seen my home?
6. Do you list my home for sale on over 350 websites?
7. Do you partake in continuing education at least every six months?
8. Do you have a database? What database system do you use?
9. Does your company database reach at least 25,000 households?
10. Is the listing information on my home shared with other agents in your company all over the country?
11. Does your company have the lowest days on market of any company in Atlantic County?
12. Does your company consider you a “partner” in the business? Or do you have to check with your broker before making a decision that will help me sell my home?
13. Do you use a 24 hour 800 number lead capture system?
14. Do you conduct monthly home buyer seminars to attract buyers for my home?
15. Does your company have a belief and values system?
If your home may be a short sale also ask:
1. Do you have an attorney that will negotiate on my behalf to ensure that I don’t have a deficiency judgment at no cost to me?
2. Have you successfully closed any short sale transaction on the listing side and buyer’s side?
STOP! If the agent answers NO to any of these questions hang up and call Matthew Haviland right now.
Matthew Haviland 609-484-9890 ext. 132
The Haviland Group
Your Trusted Real Estate Experts For Life
Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Shore