11 Reasons Sellers Should List During the Holiday Season
Here are 11 reasons sellers should list during the Holiday Season.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year.
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days around the Holidays.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transfers cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays to capture the market.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a work week.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price.
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home. Less demand means more money for you.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
And the number one reason why your seller should list during the Holidays …
1. People who look for homes during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
* repost from blog.KW.com
Happy Veterans Day!
We are grateful to honor veterans today. Thank you for all those who have served and continue to serve our country! God bless you and God bless America!
Matthew and Richard Haviland – The Haviland Group
Here are the areas and Zip Codes where we help home buyer’s sellers and investors make their real estate dreams come true. We are happy to help anyone you know who needs help in these areas in the Greater Atlantic City area:
Atlantic County, NJ
Egg Harbor Township, 08234
Galloway Township, 08205, 08215
Hamilton Township, 08330
Egg Harbor City, 08215
Port Republic, 08241
Mullica Township, 08037,08215
Buena Vista Township, 08310
Buena Borough, 08341
Folsom Borough, 08037
Estell Manor, 08270
Weymouth Township, 08317
Corbin City, 08270
Cape May County, NJ
Ocean City, 08226
Lower Bank, 08215 (Mullica River Area)
Green Bank, 08215 (Mullica River Area)
New Gretna, 08087
Please visit the link below for an invitation:
Join us for golf and dinner or just dinner.
P.S. We have a foursome group forming and are looking for one or two people to join. Call me if interested 609-484-9890 ext. 132.
Our office is sponsoring a raffle to benefit Michal Gorski who is related to one of my colleagues. Michael is in desperate need of help. Please read below and watch the video about Michal. We are raffling off a flat screen TV and Kindle and tickets are just $10.00. All the money collected will go to Michal. Call me, text or message me for tickets by Wednesday 8/28/13. My number is 609-338-3773. Or call my office at 609-484-9890. You may also donate through the video link below.
Michal Gorski, a 30 year old young man, NEEDS Heart Transplant, Because Michal has NO INSURANCE,he cannot be placed on the Heart Transplant list. The Affordable Healthcare Act to provide Pre- Existing Health insurance has been suspended since 02/16/2013, Congress did not allocate enough funds. Michal, needs everyone’s help to survive, either until we have collected $300,000.00 for deposit on surgery or any type of High Risk Insurance Company, that will take him. Please help. Please go to the link on the bottom of the video to donate. Thank you and God Bless.
Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program
The Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program will provide qualified low and moderate income borrowers with a forgivable, INTEREST-FREE loan of up to $50,000!
How do I know if I am eligible?
- Purchase a home in any of the nine Sandy-impacted counties: Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean or Union
- Have a minimum credit score of 620
- *HUD income limits and other restrictions apply. See the Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program/HUD Income Limits Chart below. Applicants’ household income must not exceed these limits.
Download more detailed program information
- Download the Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program Overview Includes Frequently Asked Questions (465k PDF)
- Download the Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Official Program Fact Sheet (199k PDF)
How do I apply?
- Complete the preliminary application form by clicking here.
- A contracted housing counseling agency will contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
Information courtesy of
New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
637 South Clinton Avenue
P.O. Box 18550
Trenton, NJ 08650
The Haviland Group (Richard and Matthew Haviland) have recently been recognized as one of America’s best real estate agents by Real Trends. Real Trends Ranks the top agents in the country based on a minimum of 50 transaction sides closed or $20 million in closed sales volume. The Haviland Group also ranked among only three agents for the Atlantic City – Hammonton Region that were recognized.
Richard and Matthew Haviland are part of Keller Williams Realty Atlantic Shore based in Northfield, NJ. The Group is also assisted by Linda Haviland.
81% of the Haviland Group’s business comes from introductions from friends, family members, clients and past clients. The Haviland Group’s commitment to helping people make their dreams come true in any market have helped them to thrive in this changing and challenging real estate environment.
“I’m very grateful that we were able to help so many people last year with their real estate needs,” said Matthew Haviland. For more information call 609-484-9890 or visit: Havilandgroup.net or SJhouses.com.
The real trends report can be found here: http://realtrends.com/best-real-estate-agents-new-jersey#.UfbAVWQ9Cod
I just went to Bloom Coffee & Tea today. Bloom just opened on Monday and I had to check it out. Bloom is owned by my friends Jeff and Ashley Macpherson. I asked them why they decided to open up a coffee shop. Ashley said she has always wanted to have a coffee shop and Jeff is experienced in the restaurant industry so the couple teamed up to start Bloom.
Bloom is located at 1600 New Road in Northfield, NJ. It’s a great location that is easy to get to and there is plenty of parking designated for Bloom customers only. The building has been completely remodeled and is all new inside. Bloom is comfortable and inviting with ample seating to sit and relax. The atmosphere is great and the coffee and tea is the best! I ordered an Iced tea with lemon and sweetened with Agave (no sugar). It was delicious and refreshing.
Stop in and visit Bloom you won’t be disappointed! Tell Jeff and Ashley that I sent you.
Bloom Coffee and Tea:
1600 New Road
Northfield, NJ 08225
Hours: Mon- Thurs. 7 am to 6 pm
Fri-Sat 7 AM to 8 PM
You can find them on facebook: /BloomCoffeeandTea
I love getting great notes from happy clients like this. I helped Mike and his brother sell their family home in Somers Point, NJ recently. Thanks Mike! You made my day! Matt