South Jersey is famous for it’s fabulous beaches yet one thing you may now know is that this area is also a great for golf. Right now the Shoprite LPGA classic is taking place in Galloway at Seaview Country Club. This tournament brings the top women golfers to this beautiful bay front golf course.
There are also other fantastic bay front golf courses like the Atlantic City Country Club in Northfield and Linwood Country Club offering incredible views. Just outside of Ocean City in Somers Point there is Great Bay Country Club.
Driving Range At Blue Heron Pines
There are also several beautiful courses nestled in the Pinelands such as Blue Heron Pines in Galloway and Mays Landing Country club. Egg Harbor Township has five great courses: Harbor Pines, McCulloughs, Ballamor, Twisted Dunes and the amazing private course called Hidden Creek.
If your not a golfer you can learn from professional instructors at the courses. Our personal favorite is New Jersey Golf Academy. So for great golf consider Atlantic County in South Jersey. And if you’ve ever dreamed of living on the Golf Course we have several great golf communities like Blue Heron Pines, Harbor Pines and The Fairways. Contact us for more details.
Buying a vacation home at the Jersey shore may seem out of reach for most people. Typical beach homes range in the $400,000 range and up. However it is possible to purchase something much less and and actually keep the price under $200,000. Here are 3 ways to purchase a NJ shore beach home for less than $200,000.
Choose a location further from the beach.
Many of our shore town have areas that are further from the beach. These sections typically have more year round residents and more affordable prices. For example, I recently listed this ranch home in Ventnor Heights that was raised and renovated and is currently priced at $190,000. Click here for details on the house.
201 N Somerset Ave, Ventnor, NJ
Choose An Up And Coming Area
Not all shore towns are priced the same and if you’re looking to spend less choose an up and coming area like Atlantic City. Prices for many homes and condos are under $200,000. There are some great locations in Atlantic City and some not so great locations. Choose a local agent who can help you find the right location and home.
Look For A Home Off Shore
If you’re willing to take a short drive you can get more house for the money off shore. Communities like Somers Point are just a 5 minute drive into Ocean City. Absecon is just 5 minutes from Atlantic City and 10 minutes to Brigantine. And if you’re will to drive a little further communities like Egg Harbor Township, Linwood, Northfield and Galloway are within a 20 minute drive to the beaches.
If you’re considering purchasing a shore home or investment please contact us for a free consultation. No matter what your budget is we’re here to help.
Grant money is now available in Atlantic City for first time home buyers. Grants are available from $10,000-$20,000. It’s a great time to buy a home in Atlantic County. And if you’re looking outside Atlantic City the Atlantic County Grant is also available now with up to $10,000 available. So here are some more details on the Atlantic City Grant program.
- Persons who have resided in the City of AC for the last 12 months.
- Persons who have not owned a home for the past 3 years.
- Persons with an acceptable credit history and ability to obtain an approved mortgage.
- Persons with incomes below 80% of the median family income. Please contact me for HUD income limits.
- Single family properties, condominiums in the city of Atlantic City. Exclude manufactured homes.
- Sale price cannot exceed $250,000.
- Property must meet all requirements for an approved mortgage.
- Property acquired must meet all state and local housing quality standards and code requirements. Any findings are to be corrected, reinspected and certified prior to settlement.
- The program will provide a maximum amount of $10,000 – $20,000 to eligible applicants to assist with down payment and closing costs, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the HOME Investment Partnership program.
If you think you would qualify for this program or know someone who could benefit from this. Please contact us immediately. Funds are available on a first come first serve basis and typically go quickly.