I just listed this fantastic house in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. 2 Cary Ct is a lovely home on cul-de-sac location and large .4 acre wooded lot. This home features 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is a living room, dining room and eat in kitchen. The 2nd bedroom on the first floor has been converted to a family room and can be converted back to a bedroom giving you two bedrooms on the first floor.
The second floor has two bedrooms and a full bath. There is a large rear deck and fantastic private fenced back yard. New paint and carpet. Roof was replaced 10 years ago and HVAC replaced 5 years ago. Move in ready. Contact us for more details.
South Jersey is famous for it’s fabulous beaches yet one thing you may now know is that this area is also a great for golf. Right now the Shoprite LPGA classic is taking place in Galloway at Seaview Country Club. This tournament brings the top women golfers to this beautiful bay front golf course.
There are also other fantastic bay front golf courses like the Atlantic City Country Club in Northfield and Linwood Country Club offering incredible views. Just outside of Ocean City in Somers Point there is Great Bay Country Club.
Driving Range At Blue Heron Pines
There are also several beautiful courses nestled in the Pinelands such as Blue Heron Pines in Galloway and Mays Landing Country club. Egg Harbor Township has five great courses: Harbor Pines, McCulloughs, Ballamor, Twisted Dunes and the amazing private course called Hidden Creek.
If your not a golfer you can learn from professional instructors at the courses. Our personal favorite is New Jersey Golf Academy. So for great golf consider Atlantic County in South Jersey. And if you’ve ever dreamed of living on the Golf Course we have several great golf communities like Blue Heron Pines, Harbor Pines and The Fairways. Contact us for more details.
Buying a vacation home at the Jersey shore may seem out of reach for most people. Typical beach homes range in the $400,000 range and up. However it is possible to purchase something much less and and actually keep the price under $200,000. Here are 3 ways to purchase a NJ shore beach home for less than $200,000.
Choose a location further from the beach.
Many of our shore town have areas that are further from the beach. These sections typically have more year round residents and more affordable prices. For example, I recently listed this ranch home in Ventnor Heights that was raised and renovated and is currently priced at $190,000. Click here for details on the house.
201 N Somerset Ave, Ventnor, NJ
Choose An Up And Coming Area
Not all shore towns are priced the same and if you’re looking to spend less choose an up and coming area like Atlantic City. Prices for many homes and condos are under $200,000. There are some great locations in Atlantic City and some not so great locations. Choose a local agent who can help you find the right location and home.
Look For A Home Off Shore
If you’re willing to take a short drive you can get more house for the money off shore. Communities like Somers Point are just a 5 minute drive into Ocean City. Absecon is just 5 minutes from Atlantic City and 10 minutes to Brigantine. And if you’re will to drive a little further communities like Egg Harbor Township, Linwood, Northfield and Galloway are within a 20 minute drive to the beaches.
If you’re considering purchasing a shore home or investment please contact us for a free consultation. No matter what your budget is we’re here to help.
Here’s an update on the trends in the Egg Harbor Township, NJ real estate market. This chart compares February 2019 with February 2018. New listings were down 12.8%. Closed sales were also down slightly from 36 units to 33 units. Days on Market decreased to 70 days. Median Sales Price went up to $184,000. Up 1.4% from the previous year. Percentage of list price received also went up to 98.2% of list price.
To interpret this it means that inventory is down and prices are up slightly. This means we are moving slowly from a buyer’s market toward a seller’s market. If you are thinking about selling your Egg Harbor Township home it may be a good time to consider selling now. Also, If you’ve been waiting to buy a home now is a great time to buy before prices continue to increase. I’f you’re considering buying or selling a home in Egg Harbor Township please contact us for a free consultation.
If you’re looking for a new home now is a great time to buy a brand new home. We work with several new national and local home builders to help you find the right community and the right location. Several of our home builders are offering homes in the low to mid $200,000 price range. This price range is very competitive with resale homes. So for around the same price as a resale home you can buy a brand new energy efficient home with a 10 year warranty.
Our featured new home community is Artists Walk by Ryan Homes in Mays Landing, NJ. These homes are packed with all the features buyers want at a reasonable price. Visit our Artists Walk page for my depth video tours of each of the model homes. Contact us for a free consultation. With just a few quick questions we can help determine the best option and community for you. Best wishes, Matt
Read this first before making one of these 3 critical mistakes seller’s make when selling their Egg Harbor Township, NJ home.
- Over price the home! This may seem like a no brainer but many home sellers will over price their home thinking they will net more money. In fact overpricing your home can actually lead to netting less than if you priced it right from the beginning. Most home sellers will overprice their homes for the following reasons:
- Bad information. They may have inaccurate information on what their home is worth.
- Room for negotiations. Sellers may price the home high expecting to get a lower offer. However if the home is priced too high you won’t get any offers
- Net proceeds. Some sellers will price the home based on what they need to net rather than what the home is worth.
- Prepare the home to be sold. Home staging works to help the house show like a model home. If the house is messy or cluttered or dirty it will not show well and may turn off buyers completely. Preparing your home to be sold helps your Egg Harbor Township home sell faster and for more money. We offer our clients a Room By Room Home Staging Checklist to help them prepare the home to be sold. We also work with professional home stagers that can provide services to home owners and even furnish and decorate vacant homes.
- Bad photography. It’s amazing how many homes I see for sale online with horrible photos. There are blurry pictures, dark pictures, pictures with the home owner in them etc. Most home buyers start their search on the internet and pictures are the first impression. You only get one chance to make a great first impression. Make sure you have great photos and use a professional photographer.
I hope this list helps you as you prepare to sell your Egg Harbor Township, NJ home. Contact us for a free consultation so we can help you net more money and have a faster sale. Best wishes, Matt
Traditionally Linwood has always been sought after as one of the best school districts in the county. Linwood is still one of the best school districts and as I studied for this article I found a few surprises. According to www.niche.com the number one Elementary school was: William H. Ross III Intermediate School in Margate. This school received an A+ rating. Eugene A. Tighe Middle School in Margate was also the number one public middle school with an A rating.
Margate’s schools are fantastic. However Margate’s high school is Atlantic City High School which is not top rated and received a B grade. The number one high school was Mainland Regional High School in Linwood with an A rating and number two was Egg Harbor Township High School also with an A rating. Linwood’s Bellhaven Middle School and Seaview Elementary School came in number two behind Margate so overall Linwood is still the best ranked school district.
When you’re buying a home and need help selecting the right school district you need a real estate agent that knows the school systems and districts and can help you determine what schools are best for your needs. Contact me for a free consultation. Also, comment on this post and let me know what you think are the best schools and school districts in Atlantic County. Best wishes, Matt
There are many reasons to buy and sell a home right now in Atlantic County, NJ. Let’s take a look at this from the perspective of home buyers and sellers.
Home Buyers In Atlantic County, NJ.
- Interest rates are still low. You still have great buying power.
- Atlantic County, NJ home prices are on the rise in many of our communities as inventory is shrinking. Purchase now before prices go up.
- Right now there are less buyers looking for homes in the winter. Less buyers means less competition and you are less likely to get in bidding wars with other buyers. You can often negotiate a great price and terms this time of year.
Home Sellers In Atlantic County, NJ
- Right now inventory is lower in Atlantic County. If your neighborhood has no other homes for sale or just a few for sale this could be a great time to sell before more homes come on the market in the Spring.
- If you are moving up to a larger home this is the perfect market to move up to something bigger. Demand for lower price homes in the $200,000 range and below is high. Demand for higher priced home is not as great. That means you can get top dollar for your home and get a great deal when you purchase your next home.
- Rates remain low. Higher interest rates mean less buying power for home buyer. If rates go up home prices will go down. Sell now before any likely interest rate hikes occur.
Figuring out when to buy and sell a home ultimately depends on your circumstances and situation. Contact me for a free consultation. I can ask a few simple questions to help you determine if this is the right time to buy or sell for you.