Here’s an update on the trends in the Egg Harbor Township, NJ real estate market. This chart compares February 2019 with February 2018. New listings were down 12.8%. Closed sales were also down slightly from 36 units to 33 units. Days on Market decreased to 70 days. Median Sales Price went up to $184,000. Up 1.4% from the previous year. Percentage of list price received also went up to 98.2% of list price.
To interpret this it means that inventory is down and prices are up slightly. This means we are moving slowly from a buyer’s market toward a seller’s market. If you are thinking about selling your Egg Harbor Township home it may be a good time to consider selling now. Also, If you’ve been waiting to buy a home now is a great time to buy before prices continue to increase. I’f you’re considering buying or selling a home in Egg Harbor Township please contact us for a free consultation.
If you’re looking for a new home now is a great time to buy a brand new home. We work with several new national and local home builders to help you find the right community and the right location. Several of our home builders are offering homes in the low to mid $200,000 price range. This price range is very competitive with resale homes. So for around the same price as a resale home you can buy a brand new energy efficient home with a 10 year warranty.
Our featured new home community is Artists Walk by Ryan Homes in Mays Landing, NJ. These homes are packed with all the features buyers want at a reasonable price. Visit our Artists Walk page for my depth video tours of each of the model homes. Contact us for a free consultation. With just a few quick questions we can help determine the best option and community for you. Best wishes, Matt
Read this first before making one of these 3 critical mistakes seller’s make when selling their Egg Harbor Township, NJ home.
- Over price the home! This may seem like a no brainer but many home sellers will over price their home thinking they will net more money. In fact overpricing your home can actually lead to netting less than if you priced it right from the beginning. Most home sellers will overprice their homes for the following reasons:
- Bad information. They may have inaccurate information on what their home is worth.
- Room for negotiations. Sellers may price the home high expecting to get a lower offer. However if the home is priced too high you won’t get any offers
- Net proceeds. Some sellers will price the home based on what they need to net rather than what the home is worth.
- Prepare the home to be sold. Home staging works to help the house show like a model home. If the house is messy or cluttered or dirty it will not show well and may turn off buyers completely. Preparing your home to be sold helps your Egg Harbor Township home sell faster and for more money. We offer our clients a Room By Room Home Staging Checklist to help them prepare the home to be sold. We also work with professional home stagers that can provide services to home owners and even furnish and decorate vacant homes.
- Bad photography. It’s amazing how many homes I see for sale online with horrible photos. There are blurry pictures, dark pictures, pictures with the home owner in them etc. Most home buyers start their search on the internet and pictures are the first impression. You only get one chance to make a great first impression. Make sure you have great photos and use a professional photographer.
I hope this list helps you as you prepare to sell your Egg Harbor Township, NJ home. Contact us for a free consultation so we can help you net more money and have a faster sale. Best wishes, Matt
Traditionally Linwood has always been sought after as one of the best school districts in the county. Linwood is still one of the best school districts and as I studied for this article I found a few surprises. According to www.niche.com the number one Elementary school was: William H. Ross III Intermediate School in Margate. This school received an A+ rating. Eugene A. Tighe Middle School in Margate was also the number one public middle school with an A rating.
Margate’s schools are fantastic. However Margate’s high school is Atlantic City High School which is not top rated and received a B grade. The number one high school was Mainland Regional High School in Linwood with an A rating and number two was Egg Harbor Township High School also with an A rating. Linwood’s Bellhaven Middle School and Seaview Elementary School came in number two behind Margate so overall Linwood is still the best ranked school district.
When you’re buying a home and need help selecting the right school district you need a real estate agent that knows the school systems and districts and can help you determine what schools are best for your needs. Contact me for a free consultation. Also, comment on this post and let me know what you think are the best schools and school districts in Atlantic County. Best wishes, Matt
There are many reasons to buy and sell a home right now in Atlantic County, NJ. Let’s take a look at this from the perspective of home buyers and sellers.
Home Buyers In Atlantic County, NJ.
- Interest rates are still low. You still have great buying power.
- Atlantic County, NJ home prices are on the rise in many of our communities as inventory is shrinking. Purchase now before prices go up.
- Right now there are less buyers looking for homes in the winter. Less buyers means less competition and you are less likely to get in bidding wars with other buyers. You can often negotiate a great price and terms this time of year.
Home Sellers In Atlantic County, NJ
- Right now inventory is lower in Atlantic County. If your neighborhood has no other homes for sale or just a few for sale this could be a great time to sell before more homes come on the market in the Spring.
- If you are moving up to a larger home this is the perfect market to move up to something bigger. Demand for lower price homes in the $200,000 range and below is high. Demand for higher priced home is not as great. That means you can get top dollar for your home and get a great deal when you purchase your next home.
- Rates remain low. Higher interest rates mean less buying power for home buyer. If rates go up home prices will go down. Sell now before any likely interest rate hikes occur.
Figuring out when to buy and sell a home ultimately depends on your circumstances and situation. Contact me for a free consultation. I can ask a few simple questions to help you determine if this is the right time to buy or sell for you.