Read this first before making one of these 3 critical mistakes seller’s make when selling their Egg Harbor Township, NJ home.
- Over price the home! This may seem like a no brainer but many home sellers will over price their home thinking they will net more money. In fact overpricing your home can actually lead to netting less than if you priced it right from the beginning. Most home sellers will overprice their homes for the following reasons:
- Bad information. They may have inaccurate information on what their home is worth.
- Room for negotiations. Sellers may price the home high expecting to get a lower offer. However if the home is priced too high you won’t get any offers
- Net proceeds. Some sellers will price the home based on what they need to net rather than what the home is worth.
- Prepare the home to be sold. Home staging works to help the house show like a model home. If the house is messy or cluttered or dirty it will not show well and may turn off buyers completely. Preparing your home to be sold helps your Egg Harbor Township home sell faster and for more money. We offer our clients a Room By Room Home Staging Checklist to help them prepare the home to be sold. We also work with professional home stagers that can provide services to home owners and even furnish and decorate vacant homes.
- Bad photography. It’s amazing how many homes I see for sale online with horrible photos. There are blurry pictures, dark pictures, pictures with the home owner in them etc. Most home buyers start their search on the internet and pictures are the first impression. You only get one chance to make a great first impression. Make sure you have great photos and use a professional photographer.
I hope this list helps you as you prepare to sell your Egg Harbor Township, NJ home. Contact us for a free consultation so we can help you net more money and have a faster sale. Best wishes, Matt