Selling your Egg Harbor Township home is a big decision. Buying and selling a home can be one of the largest financial decisions you will make in your lifetime. Here are 7 tips for picking a great real estate agent for selling your Egg Harbor Township home.
- Talk with agents’ recent clients. Ask for a list of past clients and references from the agent your considering. Check for online testimonials and reviews.
- Check for license and disciplinary actions. You can look up agent’s NJ license numbers here: https://www20.state.nj.us/DOBI_LicSearch/recSearch.jsp
- Ask about professional awards. NJ agents receive the Circle Of Excellence Award. If the agent hasn’t earned this award in the past year they are most likely not a full time agent and have not done an exceptional volume of business. My dad and I have consistently earned this award. Last year we earned the silver and bronze awards.
- Select the right broker. The company does matter. Keller Williams Realty is the #1 selling broker in Egg Harbor Township, NJ with 263 units sold last year.
- Find out how experienced an agent is. Ask for the number of transactions the agent has had over the past year. Combined The Haviland Group had 67+ transitions sides and over $12 million in sales volume in 2018.
- Look at the agent’s current listings and sold listings. Does the agent have listings for sale in Egg Harbor Township and how many sold in the last year? Last year we sold 14 homes in Egg Harbor Township.
- Gauge the agent’s knowledge of the area. Egg Harbor Township is a unique location. It’s a large township with everything from waterfront homes, farm properties, developments, 55 and over communities and golf course properties. Each section of the township is different and you need an agent that understands this.
If you need an agent to help you sell your Egg Harbor Township home contact us now for a free consultation.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.