Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program
The Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program will provide qualified low and moderate income borrowers with a forgivable, INTEREST-FREE loan of up to $50,000!
How do I know if I am eligible?
- Purchase a home in any of the nine Sandy-impacted counties: Atlantic, Bergen, Cape May, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean or Union
- Have a minimum credit score of 620
- *HUD income limits and other restrictions apply. See the Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program/HUD Income Limits Chart below. Applicants’ household income must not exceed these limits.
Download more detailed program information
- Download the Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Program Overview Includes Frequently Asked Questions (465k PDF)
- Download the Sandy Homebuyer Assistance Official Program Fact Sheet (199k PDF)
How do I apply?
- Complete the preliminary application form by clicking here.
- A contracted housing counseling agency will contact you directly to schedule an appointment.
Information courtesy of
New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
637 South Clinton Avenue
P.O. Box 18550
Trenton, NJ 08650
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.